We are currently seeking a Senior Algorithms Engineer to join our Risk Analytics team. You will be part of a first-of-its-kind endeavor that utilizes systems and control engineering principles to model human physiology to continuously track patient-specific risks. The right candidate will have a large impact on our platform and a direct connection to our potentially life-saving product. Candidates are required to have excellent communication skills, a track record of independent and creative thinking, and a desire for lifelong learning.
- Participate in all activities related to the development of Etiometry’s predictive analytics for patients under intensive care from conception, through development and testing, to deployment and post-market surveillance
- Advance Etiometry’s ever-evolving nonlinear dynamic model of human physiology by:
- Researching and implementing new physiologic effects
- Utilizing machine learning and/or nonlinear model identification techniques to discover and/or refine physiologic relationships
- Integrate physiologic models with real-time estimation algorithms, e.g. Kalman Filters, Particle Filters, or other advanced recursive estimation techniques
- Analyze the behavior and performance of algorithms given a large database of physiologic time series data
- Mentor and lead junior engineers
- Ph.D. in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Applied Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, or similar field or 5+ years of related experience
- Advanced understanding of Dynamic Systems Theory and Control Theory
- Strong understanding of Stochastic Modeling and Estimation Theory
- Hands-on experience developing dynamic models of nonlinear physical systems
- Proven ability to contribute to emerging or cross-disciplinary fields
- MATLAB or Python programming experience
- Ability to work independently and also with others to accomplish specific research objectives
- Experience modeling biological systems
- Experience with pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamic modeling
- Experience developing and testing real-time estimation algorithms, e.g. Kalman Filters, Particle Filters, etc.
- Experience with advanced machine learning techniques, e.g. Neural Networks
- Knowledge of basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Experience with Agile software development methods
- Experience with Test-driven software development methods
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email email@example.com with your resume.