We are currently seeking a Backend Python Developer who will assist in the design and implementation of a hospital-based clinical data-warehouse system. Your role will be to interface with the internal research and development teams to facilitate the continuous improvement of Etiometry’s software solutions through data-driven evaluation. Additionally, you will help to determine product requirements and perform implementation, QA testing, and deployment of the product into a hospital environment. This role is critical in driving the improvement of patient care through innovative analytics by helping caregivers make the best treatment decisions.
- Develop and support Etiometry’s data-warehouse solution both for clinical personnel and internal research staff.
- Build, test and deploy software and database upgrades into a production environment.
- Utilize and improve Etiometry’s clinical data cleaning tools and techniques, which include data extraction, de-identification, and clinical measure normalization & cleaning.
- BS in computer science, systems engineering, or a similar technical field with relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with Python as a primary development language with an emphasis on data management and processing.
- An understanding of database technologies including both relational and non-relational solutions.
- Comfortable manipulating large data sets of time-series and panel data.
- Comfortable developing and deploying software in a Linux based environment.
- Experience with version control software.
- Experience with Python database interface packages.
- An understanding of data model design, database schemas, and optimizing database applications.
- Experience manipulating large data sets of time-series and intermittent data.
- Experience with job queue libraries.
- Experience producing software for a clinical setting that utilizes clinical patient data, e.g., labs, physiologic signals, and administrative data.
- Experience in developing and deploying backends for secure web services.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, and continuous integration and delivery.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email email@example.com with your resume.